Welcome to The CoolHotNot Community
Who Else Wants Product Recommendations From Friends?
We believe online reviews are broken.
We have a better way to decide what to buy and what to give.
Let’s make product search social.
The CoolHotNot Community Manifesto
The CoolHotNot Community Manifesto
More Information We Trust Less
We face as much intrusive advertising, hype, sham, and noise as ever before.
The Elusive Quest For Quality
We have learned to endure the constant din of “the voices that ring false.” because the authentic voices of real-life experience are so infrequent and faint.
We too often witness the veiled disappointment in loved ones’ eyes when our gifts fall short because our desire to surprise them leaves us guessing in the dark.
We have suffered too dearly the incessant loss of time and money arising from the misguided purchases we make in the absence of quality recommendations and gift ideas from people we trust.
THIS is Our Response
We trust in the wisdom of crowds and the power of community.
We will develop and deploy fun and rewarding ways of sharing information about our personal experience with products.
A Social Transformation of Product Search
Henceforth we will seek to make our purchasing decisions based on these high-trust forms of product-related information.
We will thereby reduce the incentive for vendors to provide us with low-trust advertising and other manipulative forms of marketing.
We will transform the nature of buying and selling so that neither buyers nor sellers in our global trust-based community need beware.
- Search engines yield product recommendations from our friends and trusted experts.
- Advertising is obsolete and replaced by the sponsored endorsements of people we trust.
- Gift ideas are based on what our loved ones have added to their Wish Lists
- Product returns are minimized by higher quality crowd-sourced information about What’s Best and What’s Worst
- The creators of quality innovations are quickly encouraged or corrected by the crowd-sourced shared experiences of first-hand users.
Therefore, As Free Agents of Change In Our Own Favor, WE DECLARE:
Our bold intention is to create a community that facilitates the sharing of trustworthy information about products.
We will share lists of products that:
- We personally use and like – to serve as recommendations for others in the community.
- We want but don’t yet have – to serve as gift ideas and enable the exploration of things that are seen as new and exciting.
- We tried but found disappointing – to serve as “low-quality” alerts and to fully inform the recommendations shared by others.
The Transformation We'll Drive
Thus will we empower the producers of quality ideas, goods, and services.
Thus will we discover what’s best through our shared experiences and elude the purveyors of hype.
Thus will we forge productive partnerships with those who provide us with quality innovations.
Thus will we seize our economic destiny.
We Are The CoolHotNot Community
Dave Whittle | Theo Mandel, PhD | Steve Bass | Jeffrey Kahn | Stevenson Smith | Eric Vernon | Allen Stalvey | Bob Angell | Leigh Anne Varney | Mar Anthony Go | Jason Fleming | Ricardo Guerrero | Paul Baltes | Stuart Fullinwider | Dave Gerber | Robert Vance | | William “Buddy” Cobb | Jared Whittle | Nicia Esplin and 14 more
Just the Facts
We Are Building a Sharing Community
- We are a startup with patent-pending technology that can make product search social and revolutionize commerce.
- It takes a sharing community to crowd-source product recommendations, gift ideas, and worst-ever alerts.
- Therefore, we are building a community of like-minded enthusiasts who want to share real-life experiences with products in fun and rewarding ways.
Our Cause Is to Make Product Search Social
“Product search” has a dual meaning:
1) It is the search for products every consumer is engaged in.
2) It is using a search engine or other online resources to find products by keyword or product category.
“Making product search social” means:
1) Social networks sharing information about their real-life experience with products.
2) Transforming that information into search results of what is Best, Most Wanted, and Worst according to social groups of our choosing.
We know how to solve the problems with online reviews.
By making product search social, we eliminate most of the problems with online reviews and ratings.
1) Too much research required – especially into which reviewers are trustworthy. We solve that problem by letting you choose who you trust first and then giving you a ranked list of recommendations for that group.
2) Useless, phony reviews (from competitors, creators, shills, or cranks) – Our ranking algorithm includes a credibility component that lets us give more weight to proven experts and less weight to phony or biased reviewers. What could possibly be more reliable?
3) Critical mass – Other sites often never reach a critical mass of helpful information. Critical mass for us is one trusted friend or expert who shares their Best (recommendations) List, Wish List, or Worst (low-quality) List. Almost everyone agrees that even one such list is useful information. And if you get many lists combined into a ranked list? Shoppers paradise!
We Seek to Create a Platform, Mobile App, & Web Site
Our goal is to create a platform, web site, and mobile app that bring transformative change to buyer influence.
1) Takes your clicks and swipes and maintains three lists for you:
* Best List – Things you use and like and recommend
* Wish List – Things you want
* Worst List – Things you tried and found disappointing
2) Combines the lists of any number of people into ranked lists of which products are most recommended, most wanted, and most disliked. According to any group you choose, such as friends, peers, experts, or everyone.
The mobile app and web site will:
1) Let you create and maintain three lists of products, or even play a game and swipe, Tinder-style (mobile) or click (web site) to categorize products into one of 4 categories:
* I use it and recommend it
* I want it
* I tried it and dislike it
* Meh. I don’t care about it. Show me the next one.
2) Maintain your 3 lists for you based on your swipes.
3) Let you get product recommendations from friends or any other group you choose whenever you’re ready to buy stuff.
4) Let you look on the Wish List of friends and loved ones for gift ideas.
We have been perfecting the ideas and building momentum for years.
The stars are now aligned.
Technology has caught up with us. Crowdfunding has come of age. People are hungry for what we offer.
We expect great things – and you can be a part of it.
Just Add You(sers)
We sincerely hope you’ll join our cause and invite your friends to join.
Does the Manifesto Speak to You?
Just click below to join us in The CoolHotNot Community – and we’ll add your name to The CoolHotNot Community Manifesto.
Help Us Make Product Search Social
Who wants to write reviews? Not us!
So we’re going to make sharing real-life experience with products easy and fun.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Tired of phony reviews & tedious research?
You can help us change the product review paradigm!
“In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. That, in essence, is the higher service to which we are all being called.” – Buckminster Fuller
What a cool idea! When I want to buy something, I don’t want to know what the manufacturer wants me to believe, or what some pedantic reviewer is harping on, or what some money-making “review” site is recommending. I want to know what my friends and experts have found is the best.Alex Eckelberry
CoolHotNot makes it fast and easy to understand what tech products make sense for me, since my friends and experts have already done the research for me.Brandon Rowberry
I hope Dave’s community takes off for two reasons:
- because I’d love to have buying recommendations from people I know, and
- because I’m Dave’s Mom.
Our Big Idea
It All Begins by Sharing Real-life Experience with Products
Sharing Real-life Product Experience Made Fun & Rewarding
Click on Thumbs to Add Products to Your Lists
Generation of Ranked Lists (Search Results / Top 10 lists)
Featured Product Giveaways
Product Search Engine by Category & Keyword
Find the Perfect Gift on Their Wish List
Join Us Today!
You incur no obligation by signing up now.
Every member matters – the more who join, the more clout we’ll have as a community.
Be active – discuss – learn – share – have fun!!